There is clear evidence that you can improve your mental health and wellbeing by introducing 5 steps into your daily life. We use these ‘5 ways to wellbeing’ to guide the work we do and the services we provide. You’ll see that all of our activities are classified to show how they can help you get your 5 a day! Read through the information below and take a look at the 'attend' page to make sure you’re getting your 5 a day!
Healthy relationships are important for your mental wellbeing. They can:
- enable you to build a sense of belonging and self-worth,
- give you an opportunity to share positive experiences,
- allow you to support others as well as provide emotional support.
At MindSpace you’ll find a new community, people you can connect with and support to enrich your everyday life.
You don’t need big muscles – just being active is great for improving your mental health and not just your physical wellbeing. It can:
- improve your self-esteem,
- allow you to set goals and achieve them,
- release endorphins to improve your mood.
At MindSpace you will find activities that are designed to accommodate all levels of mobility and fitness to ensure everyone can join in.
Grow and learn
Life should be a continuous learning experience, and learning new skills can also improve your mental wellbeing by:
- boosting self-confidence and self-esteem,
- enabling you to build a sense of purpose,
- helping you to connect with others.
At MindSpace you may find some different activities to try, or you may wish to volunteer your services to help others learn something new. There are lots of different ways to bring learning into your life.
Research has shown that individuals who help others, often rate themselves as happier. The smallest random act of kindness for family, friends or even a stranger can really count. Think about how you can give by:
- saying thank you to someone,
- spending time with friends or relatives who need support,
- offering to volunteer in your community.
At MindSpace we are always looking for volunteers, if you want to devote some time to helping others contact us to see how you can help. Alternatively, you may wish to make a donation.
Pause and take notice
Paying more attention to the present moment and taking notice (often called mindfulness) can help you enjoy/appreciate life more. This includes your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you.
- enhancing your self-understanding through heightened awareness allowing you to make positive choices,
- lowering stress levels and reducing anxiety,
- reaffirming your life priorities.
At MindSpace you will discover opportunities to help you to pause and take notice through relaxation and mindfulness. Keep a diary of who you meet on your walk, take photographs, record the seasons. You’ll find you will become more observant.
Are you getting your 5 a day?
All the events we offer are free of charge and available to anyone living in Stamford and the surrounding area. You don’t need to have a diagnosis or to be referred and, even if you’re mental health is fine, attending our activities can help you maintain that and avoid problems in the future. All our events are safe spaces where it’s okay to not be okay. Click below to see what’s on: